Put Your British On!
There are lots of book challenges hosted by book bloggers. I read for work or I work to read or my work is to read -- whatever. So, I can't participate in very many of them, though I wish I could do all.
But I have to do this one --Typically British Challenge hosted by Book Chick City! Besides my immediate family, all of my relatives live in England -- my parents came across the pond in the 50s. Hey, I'm a first generation American!
Here's the scoop on the Typically British Challenge 2010.
Timeline: 1st Jan 2010- 31st Dec 2010. Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
2. There are four levels for reading:
• "Put The Kettle On" – 2 Typically British novels.
• "Gordon Bennett" – 4 Typically British novels.
• "Bob's Your Uncle" – 6 Typically British novels.
• "Cream Crackered" – 8 Typically British novels.
3. Any book format counts. Must be fiction.
4. You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront then you can change them, nothing is set in stone!
5. The books you choose can crossover into other challenges.
6. If you decide to participate in this challenge please use the link I have set up below with the button to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to this post and join in the fun.
7. If you decide to join this challenge be sure to create a post telling others, please make sure you add a link back to this post so others can join in.
8. There will be a place for you to link your reviews, but this is optional.
9. Obviously only British authors count!
I'm trying to do "Bob's Your Uncle" level.
First title -- The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett. heard this was a very fun story about the Queen becoming a voracious reader.
Put your cardigan on, have a cuppa, and start reading!