Recent comments

• Author On the Bookcase: Shelley Shepard Gray   2 years 26 weeks ago

I moved to "The Heart of Amish Country" Tuscarawas County Ohio in high school and do a lot of shopping in Sugarcreek. Went to college at Ashland University. One of the few place you can sit in class and hear hooves clopping down the main street. The Amsih are interesting in many ways.

• Brava, Valentine is Released and A Giveaway!   2 years 28 weeks ago

I love Adriana Trigiani and would love to be the special hero who got to deliver these to my wonderful book club. Pick us!

• Mailbox Monday: Viking's Excellent Box of ARCs   2 years 29 weeks ago

It may feel like no one reads this, but some of us do. I gave up doing my blog for that reason and now I just post on other peoples.

• Meet Me, Laura!   2 years 31 weeks ago

Laura,
    Please extend my condolences to all of your and Barbara's families. She was present at one of Nancy Olson's (owner of the fabulous Quail Ridge Bookstore in Raleigh, NC) book club bashes. My impression of Barbara was that she seemed to have a aura of calmness and peacefulness about her. How could I get that feeling in the 37 seconds (a wild guess) that we spoke? When Nancy told us about Barbara's recent death there was a collective "oh, no" from the group of about 100.

• Meet Me, Laura!   2 years 31 weeks ago

Welcome Laura, so sorry about your aunt. I met her at BEA in NYC in 2010. We only spent an evening together-that evening cemented a friendship. Last year when she was in Beverly Hills she invited me to stay with her and help out with the book event. We were up much too late gabbing in bed while in our PJ's.

She was a special lady and I will miss her dearly. If you need a guest post do not hesitate to contact me.

• Meet Me, Laura!   2 years 31 weeks ago

Laura, how wonderful to have worked with your smart and savvy aunt! We're all looking forward to you continuing her inspiring work. I was hoping to seeing her at the Book Club Bash just a few weeks ago at Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh. QRB's owner and guiding light Nancy Olson told us of her passing. So sad!

I hope you'll come to QRB for the next book club bash. With sympathy and good wishes,

Linda

• Author On the Bookcase: Maile Chapman   2 years 31 weeks ago

I'm a bit of an old soul and a huge book lover and reader, but I have to admit I can barely scribble my own name any more. Growing up my teachers told me I had wonderful penmanship, but I just don't write any more, except for a few chicken scratch notes here and there. It can actually be painful for me to write more than a few sentences! I don't have a solution... but I appreciate the article!

• Author Squared: Jenny Gardiner and Wade Rouse   2 years 32 weeks ago

So sweet of you to have us stop by to visit! We forgot to mention that 50% of the royalties for I'M NOT THE BIGGEST BITCH IN THIS RELATIONSHIP goes to the Humane Society!!!

• Meet Me, Laura!   2 years 32 weeks ago

Great news Laura! Can't wait to read your blog.

• Meet Me, Laura!   2 years 32 weeks ago

I'm so glad to see Barbara's work continue here on RGC. I will certainly miss her though, especially at the upcoming Baltimore Book Festival. That's how I first met her, and she and I tried to get together there each year. We were planning to do dinner with a few other bloggers this time around. Things certainly won't be the same without her.

• EReaders: Convenience over Beauty   2 years 35 weeks ago

I know exactly the feeling you're talking about. I've actually been able to resist buying a Kindle so far. I love the printed book as much as anything in life, but I desperately want a Kindle.

I've used the same analogy when talking about Amazon. Although I love little independent bookstores and will always patronize them, Amazon makes it so unbelievably easy and convenient to find and buy (printed) books that they will always have my business as well.

Thanks for the article!

BW

• EReaders: Convenience over Beauty   2 years 35 weeks ago

When a college professor forced me to learn the Internet, I thought it was ridiculous. I thought is was a waste of time. When was I ever going to need it?

I think e-readers are kind of like that. We're all going there. Kicking and screaming perhaps..., clutching our hard copies to our chests, perhaps, but we're going. LOL

• Author On the Bookcase: Mara Purl, author of The Milford-Haven Novels   2 years 36 weeks ago

Attending a book group meeting where the members have read one of my books is one of the most fun and fulfilling experiences for me. Why? Because people know your work and ask questions...and answering questions about your story is almost as much fun as writing it in the first place. As Mara said, sometimes you get put on the "hot seat," but only because people are so curious about how and why you do what you do. Hooray for book groups and book clubs! Hooray for readers!

• Author On the Bookcase: Susan Gregg Gilmore   2 years 37 weeks ago

Susan did a marvelous job making the past come alive in this book!

• Author On the Bookcase: Jael McHenry, author of The Kitchen Daughter   2 years 37 weeks ago

There was no need for her to worry - The Kitchen Daugher is a wonderful book!

• Author Squared: Eleanor Brown and Sarah Pekkanen   2 years 44 weeks ago

All right... Now, you've gone and made me super hungry. I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only writer with a surly muse who picks inopportune times to send down some mojo.

Lovely job, ladies!

• Author Squared: Eleanor Brown and Sarah Pekkanen   2 years 48 weeks ago

I love both these ladies! Thanks for featuring them here and giving us a glimpse into their conversation!

• One Book, One Twitter   2 years 48 weeks ago

Great things you’ve always shared with us. Just keep writing this kind of posts.The time which was wasted in traveling for tuition now it can be used for studies.Thanks

• Author Squared: Eleanor Brown and Sarah Pekkanen   2 years 48 weeks ago

This is a fantastic interview with two of my favorite ladies. I am now super hungry!

• Sisters of the Traveling Computers   2 years 49 weeks ago
    Wow

Some of may favorite authors participating. This should be fun. I'm really looking forward to it!

• Sisters of the Traveling Computers   2 years 49 weeks ago

This is so very intriguing...

• Author Squared: Caroline Leavitt and Heidi Durrow   2 years 49 weeks ago

This is such an interesting interview format. You really learn surprising things about the authors. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

• Author Squared: Caroline Leavitt and Heidi Durrow   2 years 49 weeks ago

Great interview--it's always inspiring to get a behind-the-scenes peek into authors' lives--especially bright lights like Caroline and Heidi!

• Author Squared: Caroline Leavitt and Heidi Durrow   2 years 49 weeks ago

Great new feature with two great authors.

• Author Squared: Caroline Leavitt and Heidi Durrow   2 years 49 weeks ago

Love this interview between two such talented writers... and I love the advice about being kinder to ourselves, especially when we're starting out as writers.