Chris Bohjalian's Secrets of Eden
Publishers Weekly's starred review of Chris Bohjalian's Secrets of Eden (February 2010):
"Bohjalian (Law of Similars) has built a reputation on his rich characters and immersing readers in diverse subjects—homeopathy, animal rights activism, midwifery—and his latest surely won’t disappoint. . .This is a masterfully human and compassionate tale."
Developing characters, interesting issues and themes, and, of course, secrets revealed. What more can a reading group want!
Look for Secrets of Eden in February and a surprise in the February 2010 Reading Group Choices e-newletter!
Become of fan of Secrets of Eden
Chris reveals some of his faves of 2009 books in his e-newsletter.
"I am asked often what I am reading. Well, among the books that I particularly enjoyed this year and I can recommend for you and your families and friends are:
• Perfection, by Julie Metz
• Americans in Space, by Mary E. Mitchell
• Her Fearful Symmetry, by Audrey Niffenegger
• The Girl Who Played with Fire, by Stieg Larsson
• The Third Reich at War, by Richard J. Evans
• The Story Sisters, by Alice Hoffman
• Life Class, by Pat Barker
Among the terrific galleys or manuscripts I read for books you will see in 2010.
• The Informer, by Craig Nova (January)
• A Taste of Honey, by Jabari Asim (March)
• Authentic Patriotism, by Stephen P. Kiernan (May)"